Massachusetts Current Session Priority Bill
- An Act Modernizing Firearm Laws H.4135 passed the House
- The Safer Act S.2584 amendment passed the Senate.
Key aspects of these bills include –
- Codify the Assault Weapons Ban law
- Ghost Guns regulations and ban
- Sensitive places expansion
- Live firearms training
- Crime gun data analysis
- Community Violence Intervention program funding
Next steps –
Both chambers will convene privately in committee toward a consensus bill to the Governor by July 2024.
Consensus conferees are Reps. Michael Day, Carlos Gonzalez, and Joseph McKenna; and Senators Cindy Creem, Joan Lovely, and Bruce Tarr.